RSS Feed

Digitally Confident Conference – #ngconf

0

November 24, 2013 by hallyd

digitally_confident_conference_logo1-300x90

Last week I travelled up to Newcastle to speak at the Digitally Confident conference.  This was the second time I had participated and it was once again a fantastic experience.  A lot of hard work goes into this behind the scenes by Simon. Lianne and Phillip – you can find out more about the team here.

The conference kicked off with a keynote from Tim Rylands and Sarah Neild, they brilliantly wove in the themes of the conference as well as pointing the audience to a range of tools to use within the classroom, but not just what to use but also to think about how we use them.  As well as the importance of the analogue as well as the digital for our children. Some of the tools that I took away include: emaze – a neat presentation tool, again but slower – simplifies wikipedia sites and Geocube – world of geography at your fingerprints.

I was presenting with Julian Wood – also known as ideas factory, I focussed on a range of free tools that looked at the ‘c’ in ICT – communication, creation, collaboration, coding and the curriculum.  All the links for my presentation can be found here.  The links for Julian can be found here.

Throughout the day, the atmosphere was fantastic and it was also great to put faces to twitter names that had in the past only known in the digital land as well as catching up with old friends. More information about the conference and the other speakers and workshops can be found here

0 comments »